The Johnson's

The Johnson's

Friday, February 8, 2013

Waiting On God

As humans, we are selfish and sometimes mean. We want it our way no matter the cost. A life lesson I learned recently is Gods timing is perfect and Ours isn't! This summer I was praying for a job to work with children but be able to still homeschool and have my babies with me. I heard God tell me He wanted me to do a job like that but I thought it was a different one. I was crushed when I didn't get it. Then I jumped into school without seeking Him first. Well, I was completely overwhelmed and had to drop two classes. Today I found out my childcare will be gone soon. So in order to drop classes without failing I had to act fast and withdrawal.
A few days ago I was asked if I knew of anyone who wanted a job watching children for an organization in Odessa. My heart leapt. Something was stirring inside of me and I emailed back saying I possibly would be interested but needed to pray about it. So, I kept feeling the nudging. I had prayed for this most of the year last year. Was this God actually answering my prayer? Is this where he wanted me? So I cried out to Him. I found out its only 5 children in the morning and a few more in the afternoon. This is perfect! I watched a video immediately after praying this morning about we tend to do what we hate to eventually get to where we want but rarely get there. So, why not just do what you love. I know this video was talking about our selfish desires but God whispered in my ear this morning and said This is your opportunity to do what I've called you to! Love on these babies and their momma's!!!!
Terry agrees with me and now I'm waiting to finalize the offer and start this new journey. Now before I will do anything I will consciously go to God and WAIT for his answer. It will make the stress less because as long as we're in His will then even if its walking through fire he covers our feet.

No comments: