The Johnson's

The Johnson's

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sometimes I just need a good slap in the face.

When God wants something to change in your life allows your life to have repetitiveness in it!
For me he's telling me to
1. Be more like Jesus and
2. Strive to be a Proverbs 31 Woman.

It is not by coincidence that my church, midcities.org, is doing a year long study on Center Stage (making Jesus the center of our life) and a blog I follow, http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/, is doing a study on Living Like Jesus, a study on Luke.

To me it was a slap in the face. Yes Jesus Slaps me in the face to get my attention.

Another blog I follow, http://womenlivingwell.org/free-proverbs-31-ebook/, wrote an ebook about the Proverbs 31 Woman.
All 3 of these devotionals take about 10-15 minutes each morning and compliment each other.

Thank you Jesus for loving me enough to slap me in the face!/a>!

Here is a page from Proverbs 31 ebook.

How To Be a Treasure To Your Husband
Proverbs 31: 10 “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.” A noble wife is rare and extraordinary – just like a ruby. A noble wife is a treasure to her husband – just like a ruby. Do you want to be extraordinary and a treasure to your husband? Then we need to learn to possess a NOBLE character.
So let me tell you what a wife of noble character does not look like:
1. She does not rival her husband. 2. She does not mope around and complain about her housework. 3. She does not overspend and put her family into debt. 4. She is not bored, discontent, greedy or selfish. 5. She does not gossip and slander others. 6. She does not spend her days doing leisurely shopping, texting, emailing, web browsing, watching late night movies, and sleeping in. 7. She does not criticize, mock, or disrespect her husband. 8. She does not have children and a husband who embarrass her. 9. She does not let her outer beauty take precedence over her inner beauty. 10. She does not take God’s word lightly.

A wife of noble character, who can find? She is rare! And when she is found – her value is priceless! She is a treasure to her husband. I want to be that ruby! In order to become like the Proverbs 31 woman, we must humble ourselves and see our flaws. We must be willing to change some things – our attitudes, our thought patterns, our work ethic, our words, and what we spend our time on. But by God’s grace, you can become a woman of noble character! So for today, begin by evaluating yourself against the list above. Which character quality are you weak in? Pray and ask God for the strength to change

(My prayer is to become this woman!)

No comments: