The Johnson's

The Johnson's

Friday, July 6, 2012

Not Losing Track of Why! Part 1

I cannot believe it's already July. I am so thankful my husband works so hard I get to stay home with my babies. This summer we have had a few extra friends with us. First, our niece is with us. Kasey has been amazing! She got to go to church camp and had a blast. She is such a help and I've never laughed so hard in my life. We're just silly. I think if anyone was around us would think we are crazy. We have asked her to move in with us but we shall see what she chooses at the end of the month.

Next, we have had Kiley. She is another gem!! She is going into second grade and so mature. Sometimes too mature but I really think Lexi & Kiley balance each other out. Kiley is an amazing swimmer. We had a chance to watch one of her meets. While Kiley swims my Lexi has been dancing all summer. She goes Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-12. She is loving it! She has always been my girlie girl.
And this month we added two more! (big) Logan & Kiler. They definitely keep me on my toes, along with my babies. But, they play great with my babies.

This summer I had the opportunity to lead two women through The Purple Book by Rice Brooks & Steve Murrell. We finished this past week. I learned when you say Yes to God he definitely stretches and grows you! I'm very thankful for these two ladies for sticking by me through my first study to lead. Plus, this book I reccommend to anyone new or mature in their walk with Jesus! It's an amazing foundational book. Definitely plants your feet on the Rock!

We finished it just in time! I start college next Thursday. I LOVE how God shows you he paved the way! I received a letter last month announcing Midland College now offers a program for Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling. I immediately started praying and told God, "We cannot pay for this, You have to pay for this if this is what you wish me to do!" I also asked him to soften my mother & husbands heart. I started checking on how much classes were. To take my history class I need it was going to be $285. I had to retake it so I had to pay a repeat fee. Then, I finished opening my mail and the next thing I opened was a refund Check from the City of Midland for our Water Bill. It was 285.05. I say God gave me a nickle to spare. :) Now isn't God amazing! So, needless to say I will be attending class next Thursday.

God has some more amazing things in store for our family.
To be continued......

No comments: